Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A summer dress

My little girl hates wearing pants, so I've been forced (hee, hee) to make her a summer wardrobe of dresses. I love making clothes for children; they always fit and get tons of compliments. As a mother's day present to myself, I bought the latest issue of Sew Hip just for this popover dress pattern. It really was the easiest dress I've ever made and I'm oh-so-happy with how it turned out. I mean, it took me about an hour and I'm a pretty slow sewer. Oliver + S have done it again!
On the other hand, I generally don't enjoy making clothes for myself because, in my experience, they never fit and somehow always look really handmade (not in a good way!). Despite this, I decided (on the same mother's day splurge) to buy myself this dress pattern because it seemed easy enough and the perfect pullover summer dress. I've made it halfway through and so far, so good, but I'll let you know.

No comments: