Thursday, June 10, 2010

Teacher's gift

I was in charge of creating a teacher's gift for my son's class. The trouble was, the teacher is a man, and we all know that men are notoriously hard to sew for. I really thought long and hard about this gift since I wanted it to be something he might actually use. Finally, I remembered this pattern that I bought a while back, but never used. I would have loved to have the kids do something even more personal (patchwork squares of their art across the front), but we were short on time and I was also aware of walking the line of too much kids' art on a man's gift. i just had the kids sign their names with fabric markers on a piece of linen. They all added their own little image, which I think turned out so sweet. I like the way it came out and I enjoyed working with this pattern. I'll definitely make it again (maybe for my husband for Father's Day?!).

I actually have been sewing a ton, but have such a hard time maintaining the blog. I'm hopeful that I can find a rhythm for this over the summer. I'd love to be more connected in 'blog land' since I find so much inspiration there!

No comments: